Tadcaster Primary Academy, we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of all our children. We believe that an innovative, varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all our children. High quality physical education not only allows pupils to develop physical development, movement skills and body confidence; but also contributes to physical, mental and social well-being.
We aim to provide a varied programme of high quality sporting activities which enable all pupils to develop positive attitudes towards physical activity and healthy lifestyles. We are committed to ensuring that the funding is used to benefit all pupils, regardless of their sporting ability.
We aim to achieve the following key indicators with our sports premium money:
- Key indicator 1: The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that primary school children undertake at least 30 minutes of physical activity a day in school
- Key indicator 2: The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Key indicator 3: Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Key indicator 4: Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Key indicator 5: Increased participation in competitive sport
We received £16,930 of Sports Premium funding for the year 2019-2020. This money was used to benefit every child in our school. Due to Covid 19 some of the money was carried over to the 2020-2021 academic year.
Our Primary School Sports Funding enables us to continue and extend our provision through employing additional sports professionals, entering into more competitive sports competitions and training our staff to deliver quality in-house PE sessions.
Sports Funding 2021-2022
For more information on how we used our Sports Premium Grant during 2021-2022 please see the attached document:
Sports Funding 2020-2021
For more information on how we used our Sports Premium Grant during 2020-2021 please see the attached document:
Sports Funding 2019-2020
For more information on how we used our Sports Premium Grant during 2019-2020 please see the attached document: