Anyone considering a place at Tadcaster Primary Academy is invited to come and have a look around. Please call our school office to make an appointment on 01937 833795 or e-mail us at: email@example.com.
Admission applications must be made to North Yorkshire County Council. Further information and guidance is available on the North Yorkshire County Council Admissions Page, please click the link https://www.northyorks.gov.uk/school-admissions. Alternatively contact the School Admissions team on 01609 533679 or write to them at Children and young peoples Service, Jesmond House, 31 – 33 Victoria Avenue, Harrogate, HG1 5QE.
Once a place has been secured at our school, parents or carers will also be asked to complete further documents including a pupil details form. In addition we are happy to send you further information including a school brochure by post.
Admission to our Nursery
Our Early Years Unit provides 15 hour funded places for children in the term after their 3rd birthday (January, Easter or September. These sessions are taken during the afternoon from 12.30-3.20pm.
Admission to the our Reception
Children are normally admitted in the September of the year in which they are 5 years old. All children regardless of birth date in the year may start full time on the first day of the Autumn term in the September.
In Year Admissions
Parents who wish their child to enter the school mid-way through the school year, also need to make an application to the NYCC Admissions Officer. However, parents and carers are encouraged to make contact with the headteacher at the earliest opportunity so that a transition plan can be put in place to support your child.
What happens if the school is oversubscribed?
Like many schools, class sizes at Tadcaster Primary Academy vary according to the number of pupils living in the local area. Although the usual admission number for the school each year is 20, some year groups exceed this number. Our published admission number for Reception is 28.
Where schools are over-subscribed (i.e. where the number of applications exceeds the number of places available), places will be allocated using the following criteria, in priority order:
1. Children and young people in Public Care for whom the school has been expressed as a
preference and previously looked after children, that is children who were adopted (or
subject to residence orders or special guardianship orders) immediately following having
been looked after.
2. Children the Authority believes have special social or medical reasons for admission.
3. Children living within the normal area of the school.
4. Children living outside the normal area of the school.
Please follow the link below to view our final Admissions Policy: ADMISSIONS
ADMISSION ARRANGEMENTS 2021-2022
Tadcaster Primary Academy’Admission Arrangements 2021/22 entry
Between 7th October 2019 – 29th November 2019 all admissions authorities for schools in North Yorkshire jointly conducted a consultation on admission arrangements for the admissions rounds for entry in September 2021-22.
- The closing date for comments was 29thNovember 2019. After considering any comments received, the Ebor Academy Trust in its role as an admission authority, then formally set (‘determined’) these arrangements on 28th February 2020.
- Any objections to our arrangements may be made by parents/others to the Schools Adjudicator by the 15th May 2020. All objections must be received by the adjudicator on or before 15 May 2020, at: The Office of the Schools Adjudicator Mowden Hall, Staindrop Road, Darlington, DL3 BG TEAM@osa.gsi.gov.uk Tel: 0870 0012468 Fax: 01325 391313.
Our draft admissions policy for 21/22 is found here: Draft Admissions Policy