After School Clubs, Lunchtime Clubs and External Provisions
Over the course of the year our children will have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of activities and games that are offered on top of the two PE lessons that they receive in a week. Our Sports Coach and Teachers will run after school clubs throughout the year that provide different activities such as athletics, fitness fun, netball and football. The school will also provide children with external providers, in a variety of sports and activities who provide more options to our school in order to try and keep our children as active as possible.
What we have done so far;
- i2i Football have delivered after school clubs and lunchtime clubs in a range of activities to KS1 and KS2.
- Every child in school had the opportunity to learn and play the game Kidditch. This is an adapted game from the Harry Potter books. Everyone had a great time!
- Y4/5 children had the opportunity to take part in Dance It Up North at York Theatre Royal with training from York Dance Space.
All these activities and provisions are additional to the two PE lessons that we deliver to our children on a weekly basis.
Tadcaster Primary School Sports Cluster
Every year we are a part of the Selby Primary School Sports Cluster. The cluster comprises 6 primary schools from around the Tadcaster District area. An events sports calendar is designed every year with various events, festivals and competitions on which we as a school try to attend as many as possible. The calendar is designed by Mr Jackson, the local School Games Organiser (SGO) Stacey Howard and PE Leads from schools who are in the sports cluster. The calendar has the following events on it;
- Level 2 Cluster Competitions: These are competition pathways to the next round. The winners of these events qualify for the Level 2 Selby District Finals. If you win this event you qualify to represent Selby District in the Level 3 North Yorkshire Finals.
- Festivals: These are events that are less focused on competition and more focused on aspects such as introducing children to a new skill or sport, engaging less active children and improving social skills.
This year so far our children have competed in the following events
- Eleven Children from KS1 competed in a Dodgeball event which took place at Tadcaster Riverside
- Almost all KS2 took part in the level 2 Cross Country event in October. We even had some children qualify for the next round!
- Children from year 3 took part in a Multi-skills event which took place at Tadcaster Riverside. The children learnt a variety of skills such as throwing, catching and teamwork.
- Six children from year 4 represented the school in the district Quicksticks Hockey event
- Sixteen children from Neptune class represented the school at a mixed Football tournament. The children showed great teamwork and commitment during the event.
- Twenty-four children from year 5/6 attended the Sportshall Athletics event at Sherburn High School in December. The team did amazing and finished third overall